Ender 3 vs Ender 3 PRO – comparision
In today's article, I would like to compare two Creality printers that have recently become increasingly popular in the "3D Printers" environment. I want to talk about the Ender 3 and Ender 3 PRO. In fact, the PRO version is an update for the Ender 3, but this will be explained later in the article. Below are the biggest differences.
This is the first version of Ender 3 series. Its appearance on the market created a lot of confusion due to the low price and relatively quite neat design allowing for good prints after the first submission. The price-quality ratio and good prints have given the Ender 3 a lot of fans and anti-fans among people working on semi-professional and professional 3D printers. Creality has shown that you can get really high class equipment with simple solutions. In fact, we have here aluminum profiles, stepper motors, motherboard, belts, rolls of cables, which is what any other printer, but here it came out very well.
ENDER 3 PRO
This is the "Improved" version of the Ender 3 printer. About two years after the first version of the Ender 3 printer was released, the company said that some necessary patches should be added. And so was the PRO version. It is more expensive but was it worth it. Below will show the differences in hardware.
What makes Endera 3 PRO different? - differences between 3d printers
- The first significant difference in construction is another aluminum profile used to move the y axis. In ender 3 it was 20x40 while in the pro 40x40 version. Thanks to this change we have wider spaced pegs. This helps in table stability. It is not so susceptible to bending.
- The power supply was changed during the modification. The PRO version has been equipped with a newer solution. The power here is the same, the size has not changed, but there is a significant improvement in the noise, new version is simply quieter.
- The method of mounting the rack on a stepper motor has also been modified. In Ender 3 this was done by tightening the Allen screw. A simple way effective and easy to replace. In the PRO version it has been replaced with a press-in gear rack with additional glue. Quite a problematic solution when we want to make modifications.
- Another print pad has been added to the newer version. In Ender 3 it was a rigid disc, from which it is hard to detach anything. The new one is very flexible. It bends very easily which allows it to bend so that the elements go away by themselves, A very simple solution. In addition, it is magnetic so that it adheres very well to the table.
- The mainboard fan has changed. Ender 3 had it at the top which could cause various things to fall into it, e.g. filament. The PRO version has it from below.
- The location of the cable and SD card location has changed. In Ender 3 it was downstairs which is quite inconvenient to use. The PRO version is at the top, which facilitates work
- The MOTION option has been added to control the printer directly from the panel. This allows you to modify values such as (Vmax axis, Vmin, Z offset, Acceleration, Acceleration) without using a computer.
I mentioned the biggest differences in both printers. Other elements such as profiles, extruder, stepper motors, belts etc. are the same. After printing on both printers we will not be able to see any differences. Is it worth paying more for PRO versions? Yes and no. It depends on whether we want to modify Ender 3 ourselves for differences in price and have an even better effect. Because we can buy a modified one and enjoy the print. In my opinion the changes are good and useful but I would modify other elements. So Creality should sell them for the same price to make such a free upgrade. Because such cosmetics are not worth the difference.
What do you think Ender 3 PRO is better or is it just a marketing gimmick, and for 30 $ differences you can make more interesting improvements to this budget printer